63% of us say we’ve changed our behaviour because of plastic pollution. Recycling matters. #NorthernIreland recycles, do you? #RecycleWeek #WeDo #Belfast #Antrim #Armagh #Down #Fermanagh #Londonderry #Tyrone pic.twitter.com/UyYQBjyQib
— Recycle Now (@recycle_now) September 24, 2018
- Latest News (47)
Antimicrobial – Germ Resistant Technology
- All EcoDepo Bins are treated with an “antimicrobial” additive that prevents the spread of MRSA and Ecoli by up to 99%.
- How it works
‘Antimicrobial’ is simply the term used to describe something that has the ability to resist the growth of microbes. While the term ‘antibacterial’ refers only to bacteria, ‘antimicrobial’ refers to a wider range of organisms including bacteria, moulds, fungi and others.
- The BioCote® Effect
The BioCote technology, (in this example silver ions), is incorporated into products as an additive at the time of manufacture, or applied as a coating after manufacture. Once incorporated the antimicrobial additives provide continuous built-in antimicrobial protection for the expected lifetime of the product.
- The silver ions on the surface of a material treated with BioCote additives bind with microbes that come into contact with the surface and irreparably damage them, disrupting their normal cell function which stops them from reproducing and finally results in the death of the cell.
- As the graph below shows, on a product treated with BioCote silver on technology the level of bacteria is reduced by up to 99% in two hours, with an 80% reduction in the first 15 minutes compared to an unprotected surface where they can proliferate at dramatic rates.
- The Benefits of Silver Ion Technology
The most important benefit of antimicrobial additives, aside from offering protection, is that additives do not change the products they are integrated into. BioCote antimicrobial additives:
• will not affect the aesthetics of products.
• have no negative impact on performance.
• will not wear off or wash away.
• do not leach from the surface of treated products.